Inside Sales Job Description
The Virtual Concierge is responsible for assessing guest needs and selling attractions and activity tickets that ensure a memorable vacation experience. Qualified candidates bring proven sales and high-touch customer service skills to the team. The Virtual Concierge is knowledgeable about the local area and is the expert on the attractions, tours and activities that we sell. As a member of the team they uphold the promise to “smile, give the best knowledge and guest experience by sharing passion about arranging local memorable experiences”.
Core Responsibilities• Provide each guest with a professional and courteous greeting and outstanding guest service
• Build rapport with the guest and assist guest in selecting the product that matches their needs. Needs are assessed via the discovery process (i.e. asking questions)
• Meet or exceed established sales targets in an incentive / bonus environment
• Demonstrate the ability to generate sales and up sell product by “painting the picture” and planning out the guest’s stay to maximize the their experience
• Take responsibility for solving guest issues in a timely fashion with satisfaction and a sense of urgency. Follow up on issues to ensure that they are resolved
• Show proven ability to sell on the phone
• Use sales tools to invoke a sense of urgency to get the guest to commit; closes and books the sale and gets guest to make payment
• Provide a thorough, detailed recap of the purchase along with properly thanking the guest for their business
Availability Required• Full Time positions require 5-6 full days of availability (availability to open, mid, or close); must work a weekend day.
- • 2-3 years of sales (or up-selling) experience in a performance driven environment
- • Exceptional guest service skills
- • Ability to adapt to and support change within the business
- • Ability to overcome objections and offer alternate solutions
- • Timeliness and a professional speaking
- • Expert knowledge of the local area and attractions
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must (fluent English required, bilingual a plus)
- • Strong listening skills to be able to identify customer needs
- • Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a sales driven environment
- • Knowledge of travel and/or ticket industry and concierge experience a plus
- • Proven ability to juggle multiple duties and prioritize
- • Computer literate with demonstrated ability to type 30-40 wpm
About Ticket Ape
You’re Concierge - before and after you’ve reached your destination!
Ticket Ape is an app and web based marketplace to find exclusive local attraction or events, special offers, unlock rewards and receive location-based offers as you visit major cities across the world. We are the only marketplace in the world offering a personal concierge for local or travelers.
We believe in being Different.
We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
We are Transparent.
We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
We organize for Speed.
We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
We believe in the Scientific Method.
Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
We Lead Humbly.
Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
We act as One Team.
We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Ticket Ape is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.